Sunday, April 28, 2013

Day of Rest(?)

Good Afternoon to anyone who has decided to read my silly and boring blog but hey, I've always wanted one so here I stay. (I did not mean to rhyme, it just happened!)
Today began with my Sunday ritual of waking up to go and praise my Lord, Jesus Christ. Our pastor began a new series called Project Rescue: Hydrate. It was wonderful! The Hydrate part came in to play when 9 people (as far as I know) were baptized  A few did not plan it but God put it in their heart to do it! Tears were shed to say the least! God is good isn't He? Anyways, the point of this week was:

The Parable of the Good Samaritan

25 On one occasion an expert in the law stood up to test Jesus. “Teacher,” he asked, “what must I do to inherit eternal life?”
26 “What is written in the Law?” he replied. “How do you read it?”
27 He answered, “‘Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength and with all your mind’[c]; and, ‘Love your neighbor as yourself.’[d]
28 “You have answered correctly,” Jesus replied. “Do this and you will live.”
29 But he wanted to justify himself, so he asked Jesus, “And who is my neighbor?”
30 In reply Jesus said: “A man was going down from Jerusalem to Jericho, when he was attacked by robbers. They stripped him of his clothes, beat him and went away, leaving him half dead. 31 A priest happened to be going down the same road, and when he saw the man, he passed by on the other side. 32 So too, a Levite, when he came to the place and saw him, passed by on the other side. 33 But a Samaritan, as he traveled, came where the man was; and when he saw him, he took pity on him.34 He went to him and bandaged his wounds, pouring on oil and wine. Then he put the man on his own donkey, brought him to an inn and took care of him. 35 The next day he took out two denarii[e]and gave them to the innkeeper. ‘Look after him,’ he said, ‘and when I return, I will reimburse you for any extra expense you may have.’
36 “Which of these three do you think was a neighbor to the man who fell into the hands of robbers?”
37 The expert in the law replied, “The one who had mercy on him.”
Jesus told him, “Go and do likewise.”


And Michael's messages from this was:
Life Happens
Get off your donkey! (modern translation: Get off your high horse)
Everyone Matters
Go and do likewise

Onward with my day...

My father and I went to a little cafe in town and I had a Egg White Garden Vegetable Omelet. (CLEAN) It was decent and he ordered what they called The Kitchen Sink, so like everything on the menu (hehe). The grand total was not worth the wait or the quality to say the least but it got the job done


Fast forward some more..I finished my application to Caribou Coffee, cross my fingers I get the job! And now, I'm baking cookies as pay to my neighbor who put in a furnace for us in the Winter. It's the least I could do.


I didn't get to the things I needed to do but I feel like I have accomplished a lot for what God says is our day of rest.


I hope your day went just as well if even better than mine :)


With Love, Emily

No comments:

Post a Comment